March 13, 2020
Dear Friends of ATC/LCM,
While COVID-19 (coronavirus) is impacting our cities, nation and our world in a very significant way, we are confident God is still in control. In his second letter to Timothy, Paul writes “for God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power, of love and self-control” (2 Tim 1:7). In Psalm 91, Moses writes of the protection of God, including not to fear the “pestilence that stalks in darkness.” We want to encourage each one of you to live in the promises and peace of our Refuge and Shelter. Fear is a liar.
At Adult & Teen Challenge of Detroit & Flint, we are taking the necessary steps to ensure the safety and health of our residents, staff, interns, teachers, volunteers and our communities.
Social Distancing: Community & Individual (Until Further Notice)
- Church service attendance and church rallies are suspended.
- All family and clergy visitation on both campuses is suspended.
- All resident passes and off-campus appointments are suspended.
- All off-campus groups or classes are suspended.
- New resident induction is suspended.
- Teams are cleaning common areas in the centers multiple times per day including bathrooms, kitchens, chapel, TV rooms, hallways and all hardware such as door handles, stairwells and countertops using hot, soapy water, as well as Lysol and bleach as appropriate.
- Soap and water and hand sanitizer are available at multiple locations on each campus.
- Everyone entering the ATC/LCM buildings or residences is required to wash their hands immediately using the protocol of soap & water for at least 20 seconds.
Accurate Timely Information & Instruction
- Directors have connected with residents, staff, interns, volunteers, teachers and mentors to inform them of the measures being taken. Residents are being allowed extra phone time to connect with their loved ones.
- Basic hygiene instructions provided: washing hands with soap and water for minimum of 20 seconds often throughout the day | cough into elbow, not uncovered or into hands
- Residents or staff who feel sick or are symptomatic will be isolated immediately, have their temperature checked and will be referred for further testing if deemed necessary.
- Informational videos from the CDC will be viewed by the resident body and important facts and precautions regarding COVID-19 will be posted in all campuses and resident housing.
Please know that all measures have been carefully taken based on facts not fear, and prayerfully made in faith not fear. Live in peace and let’s use this opportunity to show others around us why we are so confident, even during a global pandemic, because of Him to Whom we belong!
Rev. Jeff Bonzelaar, Executive Director
Adult & Teen Challenge/Life Challenge Ministries of Detroit | Flint | Women’s Center
I have been praying diligently for my Life Challenge family. I pray that God keep each of you safe and healthy during this horrible time.
May God continue to bless your ministry richly.